How to test your prototypes on real devices with Justinmind app
Learn how to test your prototypes on multiple devices with Justinmind with this tutorial
With the Justinmind mobile app, you can simulate your wireframes and prototypes on your mobile device as if they were real apps. This is great for when you want to test your wireframe or prototype authentically, and share the design with other users. In this tutorial you will learn how to view and test web and mobile prototypes with an Android mobile device, however you can download and install the app from the iOS AppStore as well.
1. Go to the Google Play store on your Android mobile device.
2. Navigate to the Justinmind download and click Install on the right.
3. Once your app has been installed, you will be prompted to sign in to start using your Justinmind account.
4. Once signed in, you will be greeted by a list of the prototypes you have in your Justinmind online account.
5. Tap on a prototype to download it and view it on your device. When you click on “View on device”, the prototype gets published in your Justinmind online account.
6. You will then be able to interact with your prototype on your mobile screen.
7. You can tap to pan the screen.
8. Double tab to see the options available.
9. You will be able to go back to the list of available prototypes or refresh to interact with this prototype again from the beginning. In the mobile app you will also find a list of all the prototypes published in your Justinmind account. Prototypes with a red dot next to them have not been downloaded to the mobile device yet. To download them and run the simulation, just tap on them.
As for the prototypes that have already been downloaded to the device (without the red dot), their simulation will run after checking for any update. They can be viewed offline as long as you don’t log out of the app.
When you invite reviewers, they will receive an email with a link to the prototype and a token. To review the prototype in the mobile app, they just have to click on “Don’t have a password?” and introduce the token received in the email. They will then be able to view your prototype.
And that’s it! You can now enjoy your Justinmind wireframes and prototypes on your Justinmind mobile app.