How to create custom UI libraries for your prototyping tool
Create custom UI libraries for your prototyping tool with the help of this tutorial. With them, you will be able to build unique web and mobile app prototypes specific to your brand. Note that the option to share UI libraries is only available for Justinmind Enterprise users.
1. Select the menu option ‘Widgets>New Widget library‘.
2. Give it a name and click OK. The new library will show up in the Widgets palette with the name you have assigned it (in our example My Widget Library).
3. Design your widgets in the canvas or upload them as images.
4. Drag widgets from the canvas to the library in the Widgets palette.
5. Click on “Exit edit content” to start using the widgets in your wireframe or prototype.
You can also create custom UI elements from a grouped set of widgets, by selecting “New group” in the “Edit content” menu. Drag and drop the widgets into the “New group” tab.
If the elements inside a group have events, those events will be saved with the widgets, which will become interactive by default.
All the libraries that come with Justinmind have been created this way. A good example of interactive widgets, i.e. groups of widgets that bring events with them, are the Parallax elements. In the Parallax tutorial section, you will learn how these pre-built widgets are just groups of basic widgets with some events applied to them.
You can learn a lot about how to build great libraries by checking how the widgets in the default libraries have been created.