How to define requirements in your interactive prototypes
Learn how to define your project requirements in your interactive prototypes with the help of this tutorial.
With Justinmind Enterprise, you have all the tools you need for requirements definition. You can trace and manage your requirements and visually confirm that each has been implemented. Let’s take a look at the Requirements section of the Justinmind platform.
Managing your requirements space
With Justinmind Enterprise, you can define and manage all of the requirements you will ever need. In order to create and view your requirements, go to the Requirements tab, on the right-hand side of the User Interface, Details, Site Map and Scenarios tabs in the top right-hand corner of the Justinmind editor.
Requirements tab toolbar
In the top toolbar of the Justinmind editor, you will find the Requirements tool bar that allows you to add a requirement as well as import as and export requirements to .csv files. With the import/export options, you can integrate any requirement tool with Justinmind!
a) Create new requirement
b) Import requirements to this prototype from a .csv file
c) Export requirements to a .csv file
Requirements tab overview
- The top section of the Requirements tab contains all default requirements fields that Justinmind offers. Note that the requirement fields can be customized and added to suit your needs (see ‘Customizing your requirements‘). You can define requirements in up to 15 pre-defined fields, including Name, Source, Description, Author, Start and End Dates. In this section, you can search through your requirements via any of the requirement fields in your prototype.
- In the main portion of the Requirements tab, you will find a list of all the requirements that you have selected in your current search.
- On the right-hand side, there is a window that displays all of the information related to the selected requirement in the list. From here you can modify the requirements fields, such as the Author, Name, Type, Source, Description etc.
Creating a new requirement:
Creating a new requirement in the Requirements tab
1. Go to the top tool bar and in the Requirements tool bar, select the ‘New Requirement’ button.
2. Fill in the details of your requirement, including the name, source, category and description.
3. The requirement that you have just created will now appear in the list of requirements.
Creating a new requirement for a specific JIM component
1. Go to the Interface tab and select the component that you wish to pin the requirement to.
2. Right click on the component and select ‘New Requirement’.
3. As above, fill in the details if your requirement.
4. When you have created your component’s requirement, the below icon (symbolizing the requirement) will appear in the Justinmind editor, next to the component.
Note that you can apply a requirement to more than one component in the canvas by drag & drop. Simply drag and drop the requirement from the requirements panel, at the bottom of the user interface, to the element in the canvas.
And that’s it! Now, just sit back, relax, and enjoy your requirements!