Displaying status icons in a Data List
With Justinmind, you can display user status icons in a Data List populated with values from a Data Master.
To display status icons in a Data List, follow these steps:
- In a web prototype, go to the Data Masters palette and create a new Data Master. Name it “user icon” and create two fields: user name and status. Then click “OK”.
- Double-click on the Data Master you’ve just created and select the “View and edit records” tab.
- Write some example data there. Then click “OK”.
- Now drag a Data List widget to the screen. Name it “samples”, select the Data Master and all its fields.
- Select the value in the “Status” column and delete it. Select that empty cell, go to the Properties palette and choose “horizontal layout”.
- Insert two images in that cell (one for the check icon and one with the ‘delete’ icon). Select both and mark them as hidden in the Properties palette.
- Select the row or the value in the first column and go to the Events palette. Add an “On Page Load” + “Show” event.
- Select the image with the “check” icon and click “OK”. Then click the “Add a condition” button. Now create this condition:
- Click “OK” twice.
- Back in the Events palette, click on the “else” link next to the event you’ve just created.
- Add another “On Page Load” + “Show” event, this time selecting the other icon (the “delete” one).
And that’s it! Click “Simulate” to interact with your prototype.
You can download an example here.