We’re proud to support this year’s HCI International, the main event for human-computer interaction and software engineering
From 9 – 14 July, Vancouver’s Convention Centre will see people from over 40 countries come together for the HCI International conference. Throughout the event, now in its 19th iteration, academics will dicuss the present and future of human-computer interaction. Justinmind is excited to be both attending and sponsoring HCI International.
HCI International: what to expect
The conference packs a ton of cutting-edge discussion into only 6 days. First off, there are three days of tutorials to set the tone. Expect everything from user experience to interactive prototyping to be discussed – here are just a few of the tutorials to whet your appetite:
- How to design user-friendly dashboards
- Designing digital technology for an aging population
- Human computer interaction and cyber-security
- Speech-based interaction: Myths, challenges and opportunities
From the evening of Tuesday 11th the conference opens in earnest, kicking off with a keynote from Ben Schneiderman, Computer Science professor at UMIACS. You can then look forward to three days of parallel sessions, networking opportunities and the chance to talk to sponsors like Justinmind. Come over and say hi!
Must-attend UX, UI design and prototyping talks
Sadly HCI International’s sessions run in parallel – if it weren’t for that, the Justinmind team would attend them all! There are too many awesome talks and plenaries to mention here, so we’ve picked just a few that stand out for us.
- Investigation of Learning Process with TUI and GUI
- The Future Flight Deck
- Change management of ERP usage
- Young Computer Scientists’ Perceptions of Older Users of Smartphones and Related Technologies
- From Bowling to Pinball: Understanding how Social Media changes the generation of value for consumers and companies
Don’t just take our word for it though. If you can, get on down to HCI International and take part in this great event.