- Communication problems between team members.
- Lack of comprehension of project requirements.
- Several changes, discrepancies between versions, modifications throughout the development phases.
Use it when:
- Exploration of an end-to-end conceptual design is possible within a week
- You need to reduce the risk of further clients’ modifications requirements.
- You need to increase the understanding between different team members.
- Testing should be done, but you don’t have enough time to code and develop the entire application.
- You want to test different design/layouts/interface solutions.
- Skills to use – analysis, conceptual design, information architecture, user-experience, data architecture
- Things to produce – prototype, logical data model, storyboard, process map
Advantages of this method
- Avoid re-work: changes and modifications can be very hard on your team, and can cause stress, discussions and drain of time and resources. With the changes done during prototyping stage, the project can be coded in one single stage.
- Avoid software bugs: one of the main causes for bugs is that when some component is changed, affects other parts unknowingly, so avoiding modifications can prevent software errors.
- Control of modifications and versions: With Justinmind Prototyper’s Requirements Manager, it’s easy to know who suggested each modification, when, and in which iteration, thus keeping a register of those changes, and who is responsible for what.
- Documentation: Justinmind Prototyper generates documentation in several formats: docs for registry and control, HTML for sharing among partners and for testing/presentation, CSV for data, etc. This way, your information can always be editable and shareable.
- Clear communication: With a prototype, it’s easier to explain an idea, how it works and how it should be coded; avoiding the famous misunderstandings that sometimes can hinder a project. Besides, it’s drag and drop intuitive philosophy makes prototype creation easy for any person, even though they have no coding/programming skills.
Throughout this guide, you’ll understand how a project can be done with Justinmind Prototyper.
Justinmind Prototyper is a solution for this. You can simulate with a hi-fi mockup almost any properties your final software/website could have. Clicking, data collecting, movement links, etc. This way, nobody will be confused, requirements could be easily specified, things could be tested and the projects could be approved by the clients even before coding.
When everyone knows what they’re doing, and how things connect and interact, it’s easier to get the project done, and reach your goals. Using a hi-fi wireframe, you’ll be able to reduce costs and time expenses, improving work quality.