Oh so buggy...
I'm a bit confused. I just started using the free Enterprise trial for this tool, and at first it looked like a great product. But as I've been using it for the last couple of days, I keep running into bug after bug... and Google search results haven't turned up any reasonable solutions. In fact, the response I seem to see most is "is it really that bad to deal with?". Yes. Yes it is; it's death by 1000 cuts.
Note: I'm running Windows 10 (up to date), and have saved, closed, and restarted my computer many times without any of the below changing in behavior. I also checked for updates for Justinmind.
Here's what I've found so far:
- Simulate doesn't update. I keep adding new components to the screen, and simulate always stays the same.
- Shadows don't appear in prototyping. This is so horribly annoying when I have overlapping elements that are the same color except for a shadow.
- Objects don't snap to other objects. I have the view option for "snap to geometry" turned on, and this was working for the first day I was using this program, but now it has stopped working. Really annoying when trying to align stuff.
- Tools don't have any kind of hover label. I find it odd that a UX program could use a little UX itself. I keep trying to hover over different tools to see what they do, but there aren't any identifying labels. I just have to guess.
- Font sizes are weird. I can't tell if font size is in px or pt, but either way the font seems larger than it should. I have seen some posts about font sizes differing between prototyping mode and simulation, but I can't get my simulation to work to even see if this is why the font size seems off.
- Can't group layers if they're already in a group. I have to move the layers outside of their group, group them, and then add them back. What a pain.
- There are probably more things I've just forgotten to note down...
Don't take me wrong, I really want this tool to be good. I could really use it, but I'm really surprised how many issues there are... is this just me?