justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Exporting to custom docx template (screen notes)

Answered NH 5 years ago

I would like to use the "Description" field from a Screen Page "General"-Tab to be exported in my word documentation. But I can't seem to figure out how to use the Tag <ScreenNotes/> when generating a custom docx from my project. In the example file in templates/Prototype Report.docx I can find this tag, but I am not sure to which field it corresponds in the project, or where I can find this field? Can somebody help me out here?

Replies (3)
photo

It corresponds to the Screens section. Insert something like:

<Screens>
		<Screen od="repeat">
			<ScreenName/>
			<ScreenImage/>
			<ScreenTemplate/>
			<ScreenAccessible/>
			<ScreenNotes/>

And remove any info from that list which you don't want in the export.

Check out this tutorial for more info.

photo

I worked through that Tutorial anderen everything works finde except the field <ScreenNotes/>, even with the example file in the template folder. Could you tell me to which field in the jim programm it corresponds? Is it the description field of a Screen? Or am I wrong here?

photo

Yes, it's the description of the screen.

However, when checking the export, we discovered a bug with the screen notes not appearing correctly. I've forwarded this to our team and we'll fix this ASAP.

photo

Thank you for the quick reply!

photo

This has been fixed in our latest update (8.7) that was released yesterday. Go to Help -> Check for updates in Justinmind.

photo
photo

Trying to customize a report but I can't find hierarchy.xml on my mac. Could it has a different name on mac?

Thanks

photo

Also, Word for Mac doesn't allow to edit XML. Is there any other software or tutorial to do it without Word.

photo

You can find the hierarchy.xml file by going through this file path:

Right click on Justinmind app > Show package contents > Contents > Resources > Java > Templates > Hierarchy.xml

You can open that file in a text editor instead of Word - you can use TextEdit. The Hierarchy.xml file contains all the options you could include in your report.

Unfortunately though, the XML options that you would need to create a custom document in Word are only included in Windows, so you'll need to access a Windows machine to create this. We've added a note to our documentation to reflect this.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file