Im new to this product and it has a lot of potential to help me. There must be some documentation that explains and gives a brief example of each Widget.. Help please
We don't have an example use case of every widget, but we do have a description of all of them in our User Guide. You can also look through our UI Patterns example tutorials, which use many different widgets.
Is there anything in specific you would like more information on? I'm happy to point to any examples or explain things in more detail.
Thanks Danielle, Im totally cold on this but used to technical tools and such. A simple question- I want to put stacked menu buttons down the left hand side of my screen. I use the Menu Widget. I drag that over and I get two small boxes. (I really want one) and I want to make it bigger. When I delete the second box (on the right) it leaves sort of a shadow box. I try to size the menu button using properties. All I want is a bigger menu button with some simple drop
In that case, it might be better to take a different approach than using a Menu widget. Does this example show more what you're looking for? If not, do you have an example image of the menu you're trying to create?
I don't think that is really a fit as I dont need the expandable text. Just a button which opens sub-choices under it. Im fascinated with this tool but its a bear. Im not an experienced web designer and maybe that's the problem. My mission is to do a basic screen flow design to show possible users and then hand it off to a web development company if I get user buy in. The learning curve here is very steep and really demands many hours of tutorials IMO.
I see - thanks for the info. That kind of menu shouldn't be too difficult - we've attached an example. Here's what we did:
1. Dragged four Buttons onto the Canvas. The top Button will open the sub-choices below it.
2. Select the three sub-choice Buttons on the Canvas, right-click and select 'Group'.
3. With the group selected, go to the Properties palette and tick the 'Hide component' box.
4. Select the top Button on the Canvas, right-click, and select 'Add event'. This will open the Events dialog, which is where you can create interactions in your prototype. The first dropdown is the trigger, which is what will start whatever interaction you define. Click on the dropdown and go to Mouse > On Toggle.
5. Click on the second dropdown, which will be the resulting action. Choose the 'Show' option. This will show a mini-Canvas where you can select what on the Canvas you want to show. Select the group you created earlier. Then, you can choose an effect. Click 'Ok' to finish building the interaction.
Now, click 'Simulate' and click on the top Button. This will show the group. Click the top Button again and you'll see the group hide.
Hopefully that's helpful - please let me know if you have any questions about it.
We're always trying to make Justinmind easier to use, and your feedback is super helpful. What have you found is confusing/hard to learn? Was the brief overview we show when you first open Justinmind useful, or could it have explained more? Did you check out any tutorials (i.e. our Getting Started tutorial)? Did they help?
I did get that to work. I would say that Id never had psyched that out. I would have focused on menus. This is very powerful and in the hands of an experienced used very effective. My work was in global ERP transaction systems for Oracle and SAP so I am an IT professional and accustomed to working with technical tools. Id like to see you develop some material for each widget with more explanation and one example. No one can cover every option a user might conceive but getting newbies up the learning curve will then let our own experience and skill kick in. Ion wondering if there are any aftermarket books on your product. If not Id like to write one but first Id have to lean menus. Id hate to pound you with similar questions. My site concept is not going to be terribly difficult as Im just trying to do a proof of concept. Probably less than 10 screens. I could send you specific requirements and you could respond. If that is not too much to ask. Let me know. Do you do any phone support or consults?
Replies have been locked on this page!