justinmind 8.2.0 broke my prototype

Sharovipteryx shared this problem 9 months ago
Known

I was working on my file when the update came in. Now the tables in the file no longer resize properly to window width as before, instead the cells in the table resize in width and in height where the height just keeps growing.


Also, now, for some reason, the content in some cells gets shifted on page load. Some cells resize in height slightly (and their content gets shifted down) and the content of the cells below such cells also gets shifted down slightly while the cell height of those cells remains the same.

Comments (10)

photo
1

Could you please provide an example (.vp file) or describe the steps to reproduce the problem?

photo
1

Sure but I can't seem to attach a .vp file. The forum won't let me as it tells me it's the wrong file.

photo
1

Compress it into a zip file and then upload the zip.

photo
1

Even simpler, just change the ".vp" extension to ".rar".

photo
1

OK. This is the file with the problem.

photo
1

We've found the source of the problem. It seems to be a bug related to the table bounds calculation when resizing it. It only appears to happen when the table has border. We'll work on a solution as soon as possible and include the fix in the following update.

As a workaround, try removing the onWindowsResize event which resizes the table and define the table size using % instead of px in the properties panel. I hope this solution works for you.

Thanks for your collaboration

photo
1

Great. Thanks. I'll try the solution but I really need the table to resize when the window size changes. So I can disable it temporarily until the fix comes in so it's not annoying but I can't do away with the functionality forever.

photo
1

The behaviour should be the same. If you define the size using %, the table will resize when the window resizes. It's just another way to define the same.

photo
1

Alright, thanks. I did find that if you set the height of the table to 'fixed' it, at least, stopped the cells from growing indefinitely but the shifting of the content withing the cells behaviour is still there where some of the elements in the cells gets shifted down a few pixels on page load.

photo
1

Ah one more thing. The change in table size units from px to % resizes the table somewhat. I assume it's because you can't have decimal percentages because the increments are always in whole numbers. This breaks my design somewhat.

photo