Exported URL doesn't work in Windows but in Mac book

Prabha shared this problem 10 months ago
Known

Hi,


I Exported a prototype which is around 6.2 MB file size. It opens up in Mac Books, But not on Windows laptops. When I tried to inspect and see what's the issue with this page. It is showing up the following message in the developer mode. and the page is simply blank.

index.html:1 Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded


Can you please let me know at the earliest, what to do in this case. I'm on a time crunch and have to share this working prototype today.

Comments (8)

photo
1

What browser are you using in those Windows computers? Could you also send the contents of the Windows browser console when they try to load the prototype and they fail?

photo
1

Tried in both Chrome and Internet Explorer - No Luck! Nothing is loading actually. I am seeing an empty page.


I am seeing only these two errors :


1 : index.html:1 Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

2 : Uncaught ReferenceError : lookupURL is not defined.

photo
1

Does it fail also when you publish it online?

photo
1
photo
1

I just tried republishing this from a windows system - It didn't work either. :( Still the same.

photo
1

We can't reproduce it. It takes some seconds to load, that's true, but it ends loading the content correctly. We have tried it in Windows 10 and Explorer Edge. What system and browser version are you using?

photo
1

I am using Macbook Pro and a Dell Laptop with EDGE. It works fine as you said.


Most of the reviewers are working in chrome and internet explorer still. So it has to open mainly on chrome browser. Is there no solution to this, that I can see this in chrome too?


The issue is only with this prototype though. Rest all prototypes work fine. I don't know what's really happening in this one.

photo
1

And As I already suggested a few months back. It would be very helpful for the user if you can show the Progress/Loader in the browser.


Because If it takes a few seconds to load. The user tends to close the browser saying that there is some error and the prototype is not opening.


This Feature is the most Prominent update - that would make my life easier.


Because every time I have to let them know that they have to wait a few seconds to let it load. This makes me and the user feels like we are in 19th century. :P


Kindly Consider this feature/update in upcoming releases.


Thanks,

Prabha

photo