export to docx screens is all funky!

Brad shared this problem 2 months ago
Solved

I've tried several times to export my project screens to .docx, but every time it seems like the prototype elements are not being place in the Android "frame" properly. I saw a post where someone had the same problem and they had solved it, but didn't bother to share the solution...

Any ideas?

/2UhnVQmN1gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Comments (7)

photo
1

Hi Brad,

Thanks for reporting this! If possible, can you compress your .vp file into .zip format so we can test this?

Best,

Danielle

photo
1

Sure!

photo
1

Just fyi- I did an iOS version of the same type thing and didn't have this issue.

photo
1

Aaaaaand of course after I post my problem, I figure it out! Just for reference, here's the problem:

On the top right is a Simulate button. In the Simulation settings, although I had selected "Fit to screen size", the option below, although greyed out, read 80%. On screen it looks fine, however when you export to docx, it retains those custom size settings in the Simulation. Even though you may have "fit to screen size" selected.

I assume this is a bug, but I hope this post offers some help to the next guy with the same issue.

Cheers!

photo
1

Thanks so much for narrowing that down! I've sent this to our team and it should be an easy fix.

photo
1

Hi Brad,

We've fixed this issue in an update today (8.6).

Best,

Danielle

photo
1

Thank you! I'm glad I could be a part of the solution!

photo