HI, was wondering if i could do this
i have a data list, and in the current row - i want to embed another data list, along with a few other attributes.
I am trying to achieve a tree type view-
It's a quite complicated process. The hard part is displaying the items cell (which is a different datamaster) This is how you can do it:
1) You need two different datamasters. The second datamaster has a foreign key
to the other one (a foreign key is a column that contains values of the primary key of the target datamaster).
2) Create a datalist for the first datamaster and add a column to it.
3) Insert a second datalist inside the column you've just created.
Then you will need to filter this somehow:
4) Use a onpageload event located in the cell that contains the second datalist to filter this second datalist comparing the foreign key.
5) And, unfortunately, you will need to resize the box row because datalist rows do not adjust to their contents.
I hope it helps.
Comments have been locked on this page!