Hey there ;)
as for us it is important to edit the text of tables it would be nice if it would be possible to copy & paste data tables from Excel to Text Tables in Justinmind instead to print them there as an image.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to our development team so they can take into account for future updates.
Yes this is a must as Axure RP allows this.
I have added your suggestion to the backlog so our engineers can take into account. Thank you for taking the time to report this.
Any update on the support of this? We are encountering the same challenge, and currently exploring alternative prototyping tools as a result of features not available in JustInMind.
You can currently import .csv files into Justinmind Data Masters and create tables of your Excel data. Is that what you're looking for, or is it something different?
i will try that, i am trying not to manually create a data master of data i already have formatted as a table in excel. If import solves for that - then i am good. thanks!
Same issue here. I've struggled using Data Masters; however, just moving columns around and formatting the wonky default headers is a pain. I'd much rather just simply copy data out of Excel and paste it into a text table in JIM.
Does importing a .csv file into Justinmind to create a data table work for you? Let me know if there are issues when trying to create this!
Yes I can import CSV files without issue; however, the problem comes down to the amount of hassle it takes to fix the default layout, massaging columns, etc. Sorry, but it's pretty awful.
Options after importing a CSV:
1. click on the following menu: + > Dynamic Content > Data List. Choose your existing Data Master and select which columns of data you want to use. I'd love to use this option if it wasn't such a pain to fix. I can't imagine anyone would be happy with the default layout (black box outline around the header).
Why can't it just look like the following (matching the Library 'Data table')? (please note, it looks like I'm constrained to the maximum of 4 fields which I have to rename anyway even after selecting the fields I want to remap them to).
Option 2. Drag Over the "Data Table" from the Library and select your existing Data Master. However, you're stuck forced to manually change all the default fields to the ones in the table you imported - unless I'm doing something wrong, the only fields I ever see regardless of which existing Data Master I choose are Name, Company, Job Title, Email. This is really frustrating. As all my fields I want are already there I shouldn't have to recreate and remap the table. Keep in mind, you're forced to stick with only 4 columns and good luck trying to figure out how to add new columns.
Outside of creating it myself from scratch, is there another option I'm not aware of?
I would expect to do the following:
1. copy and paste from Excel directly onto a page and have it end up as a table, not a graphic.
2. if importing a CSV I would want to simply follow either of the steps above, but end up with a nice-looking table (including nice headers) containing MY data not your default 4.
3. I want to select an entire row and format the style of the entire row.
4. I want the default text cell to be set as 100% H, 100% W and the cell container to be set to Horizontal
5. I want to be able to select an entire row and specify the Layout as Horizontal or Vertical for ALL the selected fields.
6. if using the Library's Data Table, I would expect the labels to match the headers contained in my data and I simply select which columns I want.
Anyhow, thank you for creating such a great tool, but data is truly important and JIM needs a LOT of help dealing with it currently.
Replies have been locked on this page!