justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Saving form data to a csv file

Need Answer Jhathaway09 10 months ago

I am building a form and wanted to save the data the user enters to an external csv file. Is this possible?

Replies (22)
photo

Hello, this is possible by creating your plug in, I leave you more information here: https://www.justinmind.com/support/how-to-use-justinminds-api/

Regards.

photo

I downloaded the windows zip file and followed the following instructions:

Extract the zip file into a folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\ and it will create a jdk-11 folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder). You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.

It did not create the jdk-11 folder?

photo

Hello, we apologize for the inconveniences, I leave you the link where you can download what you need: https://download.java.net/openjdk/jdk11.0.0.1/ri/openjdk-11.0.0.1_windows-x64_bin.zip this Information will be included in future updates.

Regards.

photo

Hi Ria,

I have continued with the insolation process and After setting the Pat and Java_Home paths I tried to test and I get following response when I tried to use the java -version command. Do you have a suggestion for what I missed?

Thanks

Jeff

6b69f2446e2a2f599152d6689cd34e63

photo

Hello, when the java command is not recognized, it does not know if it is installed. The path in the "Path" variable may not be correct. To make sure, could you copy the path from the file browser input (double click or right click copy path as text)? Let us know.

Regards.

photo
photo

Hi Ria,

I think I am missing a step, I have matched the Path variable to the folder that I extracted the zip file to:

3086b6a51532cd67abb70beac18c6648

I have the zip file downloaded and extracted in the Java folder but how do I install it?

Thanks

Jeff

photo

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, could you make sure you are editing the path of System. Also check that in the 'bin' folder you have a 'java.exe' file and that once the environment variable is edited, close all console windows and reopen it. let me know how it goes.

Regards.

photo

Hi Ria,

I do have the Java.exe file in the following folder:

5159ba72dfa98ae92844bfbdb76a5c2d

photo

Hello, could you confirm if all the files in the jdk-11.0.0.1 folder have read and write permissions for the user Jeff. For example, could you try running "java -version" inside the "bin" folder of jdk-11.0.0.1?

Let us know.

Regards.

photo

0c0a6fea506f3fa803fe4071eb8d3675

photo

Hi Ria,

I got the version info after I added my user's permissions to the folder.

Thank you

I am going back to eclipse set up and when I try to add the JavaFX Modules under the ModulePath I see the following:

d24e11494feb5c8506b2ca9ff2abfbbc

I don't see a way to add the other folder?

Thanks

Jeff

photo

This is the current instructions:

In Java Settings click on the Projects tab. Select “ModulePath” and add all the JavaFX modules that you’ll find in ‘javafx’ folder inside the ‘JustinmindPluginSDK’ folder using the option Add External JARS.

For Windows : JustinmindPluginSDK/javafx/lib

photo

Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience, you have to add the javafx JARs in the "Libraries" tab as shown in the image.

Regards.

photo

Hi Ria,

I was able to continue with the process, thank you for your help. I tried to copy in your sample code "Example: export all texts to a CSV file". I named the New Java class csv. When I copied the code I ended up several error messages. Other then replacing TestPlugin for csv what else should change? I attached a screen shot from the eclipse workspace.

Thanks

Jeff

photo

Also attached is the JAR error that were generated when I tried to export to a JAR file

photo

Hello, it is missing to specify the type of the lists, you also need to have the com.justinmind.controls jar in the classpath.

Regards.

32e18b503a1ea7b4f616493f23ce5a20

photo

Hi Ria,

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what I need to add? I did setup a data master and I have a csv file with the same name as the data master.

Thanks

Jeff

photo

Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience, the plug in is used to collect information from your project, not from simulation, could you confirm if you are trying to collect information from your .vp?

Regards.

photo

Hi Ria,

I am looking for a way to save data while running the app, is this not possible?

Thanks

Jeff

photo

Hello, with the plug in you can save information from the program, not from the simulation.

Regards.

photo

Hi Ria,

Sorry, this is disappointing. This is what I was asking originally and thought you said it was possible?

How do you save anything permanently from a form?

Example, new user

photo

Hello, it is not possible to save information permanently from data that is entered in a form of a prototype in simulation, at the moment we do not have any feature that allows this because the prototypes are not intended as a final product.

Regards.

photo

Hi

It might not be the answer that I wanted, but thank you for confirming

Thanks

Jeff

Leave a Comment

Attach a file