justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Unable to save any prototypes

In Progress Frankc 3 years ago

I am running ver.8.7.8 . doesn't matter if it is an existing shared prototype or a new prototype I built to test this problem with. When I chose to save or save_as I gen an "Error saving file" alarm box.

See attached files.

Replies (1)
photo

Thanks for reporting this - it's a very strange issue. Would you be able to attach your log files after you try to save? You can find them by following this file path:

On Mac: [folder of the user]/justinmind/version/logs.log

On PC: (C://users/youruser/Justinmind[version]/logs.log)

There may also be a file called logs.log.1 in that folder. If it's also listed, please attach it as well.

photo

Thank you for responding. This morning I tried deleting the app and re-installing it. Same outcome. I am attaching the logs for you.

Files: logs.log
photo

It will not take the second file. I don't understand why because I can open logs.log.1 in Atom txt editor.

photo

OK, I copied logs.log.1 to my docs folder and renamed it. Here ya go.

photo

From the log files, we see that the prototype is stored within Dropbox and that there is a permissions issue. Our dev team is going to look into this to see if it's an issue on our end that's causing this, but a quick test would be to see if moving the prototype out of Dropbox and to your local machine allows you to save it.

photo

Just following up here - were you able to save the prototype on your computer?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file