justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Timeout Event

Answered Jarad Hayes 4 years ago

Is there a way to setup an Event that would trigger after a certain amount of time, and after that specified time it would trigger another Event?

Ex. Within my prototype I have multiple screens and when a screen is idle for 60 seconds I would like another Event to trigger (after a specific time) that would link back to a specific screen (Home Screen).

Replies (5)
photo

There is. Check in this tutorial https://www.justinmind.com/support/interactions-and-animations/ the section titled "The sequence of actions in an interaction"

photo

Danielle,

Thanks for the link above but I have a few additional questions that I was hoping you could answer for me. Within my prototype not all of my artboards don't use or have Events setup. How do I go about setting up a master event that would allow all artboards to have the timeout event? I need my entire prototype to revert back to the home screen after a specific time of inactivity. Is there a way to speak to someone via the phone to help me get this resolved? Thanks

photo

Sure - you could create an event on the template that's being used (go to the templates palette and select the template you're using [probably Template 1]) and create an "On Page Load" + "Pause" event, pausing for 60 seconds (in milliseconds). Then create an "On Page Load" + "Link To" event, linking to the Home screen. Now, that event will be on every screen in the prototype.

photo

Since I'm new to Justinmind and building prototypes I didn't create a main template so I'm not able to link the event to all my artboards. I created a Masters event with the steps above could I add the Masters template to the Outline of each slide? Where would I put the Masters template on the top of the outline items or at the bottom? Would I be able to run a simulate to test what I created? Again sorry for all the questions as I"m truly learning on the fly with a prototype that is currently in production. Thanks

photo

Every screen uses a Template, so unless you're using a different template on some of the screens, you can create one there. You could also use a Master instead, if you'd like. But you'll need to remember to place it on every screen, which is why a Template would work better in this case.

To test how it works, click the 'Simulate' button in Justinmind, and you'll see a simulation browser that will show how the interaction works.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file