justinmind-logo

Upvote 3

Breaking master creates dynamic panel

Under Consideration Armin Seltz 5 years ago

If I break a master its contents are always grouped in a dynamic panel, even though there is no dynamic panel inside the master.

Shouldn't the master just break and its contents get grouped?

There is already such a huge amount of nested dynamic panels that can nearly drive you insane, especially since it never really selects the hierarchy level you expect, I think it would be wise not add any unnecessary levels of dynamic panels with just one layer, where it really doesn't need to.

Even if the master contains just 1 image, when you break it, all of a sudden its a dynamic panel for no reason. Making it even worse if I take the contents of the newly created dynamic panel and drag them out of the dynamic panel in the outline, the position of the elements is not the same any more :/

Replies (3)
photo

Even more weirdly, if I drag the contents of the newly created panel out, their order is swapped. Why?

Before:

be27e2f2261f80644013e3101367f524

After:

07d7789851febc88d65d46fa9a92b037

photo

Hi Armin,

This is the intended behavior, but you're right that using a group instead of a dynamic panel might be better. I'll let our team know.

Best,

Danielle

photo

I agree with Armin. This is insane. It took me quite a while of wasted time to try and understand what was going on.

Further, I have some complex events and when I drag a master into a blank page the events don't work as expected (but they work on the master page correctly). It is only when I break the master and then drag my components out of the auto-generated dynamic panel that my events work as expected. This suggests that the masters are wrapped in the auto-generated dynamic panel by default even before they are broken, which stops the intended events from working. This renders the masters completely useless. Please fix asap.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file