justinmind-logo

Upvote 2

Order of 'On drag' events

In Progress Sean Dunn 5 years ago

Hi,

I am busy creating a prototype that uses horizontal and vertical dragging but whenever one of them is clicked, it moves on top of everything else.

The vertical drag is a panel that needs to move under the panel above it but it always moves to the top when dragged.

Is there a workaround for this?

Replies (2)
photo

Dear Sean,

Can you attach an example of what you're looking for and what this looks like so we can assist you more helpfully?

Best,

photo

I have attached a screenshot of my current prototype.

The graph at the top scroll horizontally and I would like the list at the bottom to scroll vertically but it needs to go underneath the content above it instead of always jumping to the top.

photo

To assist you more helpfully I will need a .vp file example so I will be able to see how it has been created and what might be happening.

Best,

photo

I have the exact same problem. When dragging the 'person' to the left it should disappear under the side panel. Instead it's moved to the front.

An example .vp is in the zip.

photo

We checked the prototype and on our end it looks like the 'person' element is being hidden correctly under the side panel when it's dragged. Do you have a screen recording of how the drag appears during simulation for you?

photo

Before the drag action the person element is properly behind the side panel. But when I start to drag it pops to the top and won't go behind the panel again.

photo

I just turned the 'constraint by parent container' flag on in the drag event. When this flag is on, my person element is displayed behind the sidepanel, as I expected. When I turn it off it is displayed on top of the sidepanel.

To me that is unexpected behaviour. However it does fix my problem at the moment.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file