justinmind-logo

Upvote 3

Delay when setting value based on variables on page load

Answered Victor Conesa 7 years ago

I have two screens, screen A that has a button, when clicked - it will set a var called "MyVar" to "True"

on Screen B, i have a rectangle with text saying "Not Clicked"

I set an event for Screen B "On page load" to set value of this rectangle's text to "Clicked" and under the event condition i did "When MyVar = "True"

Ie - whenever Screen B loads, if someone in Screen A clicked the button, the text in the rectangle of screen B will display "Clicked",

The problem:

When i simulate, and go on screen A click the button, then go to Screen B,

The rectangle on screen B says "Not Clicked" and after a small delay changes to "Clicked", it seems like the evaluation is done after the control is rendered and not before, causing it to flicker an incorrect text for a brief moment before setting the correct value.... is this a known issue?

I am evaluating this software for my company so we can make a purchase, i really love this so far, but these kind of quirks make for a really unprofessional prototype which we absolutely cannot present to customers as a showcase... so its a showstopper for me, the asking price is nearly 500USD to a single license, these are not the quirks we should expect in a 500 USD software (pro)

Am i missing something in terms of configuration? doing something incorrect? or is this really just how the software works?

Replies (1)
photo

Hi Avihllel,

Your request is being dealt with in our Customer Support Portal.

Best,

Sonia Durán

Leave a Comment

Attach a file