justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Variables - Set Value: Input field

Need Answer James Calder 8 months ago

How can I ensure that the input fields remain populated after being filled in, even if I navigate away from and return to the page? The issue currently is that all the input fields I've completed disappear when I leave the page. Could you assist in maintaining the filled-in values when I revisit the page?

Replies (5)
photo

Hello, you can create this effect with variables, create a variable to store the the value of the input ("on change") and add an event "on page load" that loads the value of the variable in the input, like this when returning to the page, it will reload what previously saved in the variable. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

photo

Is there any way you can share a step by step guidance? or share a justinmind file which has variable set to an input field?

photo

Could you guide on how do you create a variable to store the value of the input?

photo

Hi Ria,

Leaving a detailed message to facilitate our interaction. I'm interested in utilizing variables for the following scenarios:

1. On the sign-up page, users complete a form. If a user selects the Terms & Conditions (T&C) checkbox, then navigates away from the form before submitting it, the input fields reset. How can we maintain the filled-in input data even after returning to the form?
  2. Users engage with two different flows, toggling between them. Sometimes, while completing a task, they enter their email address. If they go back to copy some details and return to the previous screen, the entered email address disappears. Is there a way to retain the input data in this situation?

photo

Hello, I am attaching an example where you can see an on page load event in the canvas and the set value event in the input.

I attach more information in variables: https://www.justinmind.com/support/variables/

Regards.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file