justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

DataList Row not resizing

Known Mario1021br 12 months ago

Hi, in my project, I have a DataList, with one visible column at first. When you click one of the rows, the second column appears, consisting of another DataList inside it. The row correctly resizes with an event to show the second DataList completely, the problem comes when I want to repeat the same to show another DataList inside the second one in the same way. I applied the same event to resize the original row, but it is not resizing. It does what i want if, after already showing the third DataList, I click again on the first DataList row, even tho the resizing event is the same that I put when showing the third one. I am not explaining myself very well so I am attaching a video of it, along the prototype. My question is, if the same event is attached to the first DataList Row and to the second DataList, why is only working when I click on the first one.

Replies (2)
photo

Hello, I am attaching your project again with the on mouse toggle events, could you tell me if this is the behavior you need? You could also use an accordion for your options menu and the data list inside, I leave you more information about accordions: https://www.justinmind.com/support/how-to-design-an-accordion

Let me know.

Regards.

photo

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, it is not what I need. When I click on the shelve (2nd DataList) I need the 1st row to resize so I can still see the Racks DataList but also all the shelves I was seeing before clicking. As of now, at least in my computer, the 1st row never resizes unless I click again on the Id (the 1st column) for some reason I don´t understand. The behaviour I want is how it looks at the end of the video I attached, but to do that when I click on the shelve.

Kind regards,

Mario

photo

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, I am attaching a new example, let me know if it is correct.

Regards

photo

It is correct now! Thank you so much this is amazing.

photo

What was I doing wrong that is correct here? Again, thank you so much.

photo

Hello, you can see two new variables "change" and "freezerid". In "Input 9" there is an on variable change event on the "change" variable. The "change" variable is set when you click one of the shelves and the "freezerid" variable when you click an id. When clicked on a shelf, it does a resize of the last data list (freezer id stored in the "freezerid" variable) you clicked on.

Regards.

photo
photo

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, it is not what I need. When I click on the shelve (2nd DataList) I need the 1st row to resize so I can still see the Racks DataList but also all the shelves I was seeing before clicking. As of now, at least in my computer, the 1st row never resizes unless I click again on the Id (the 1st column) for some reason I don´t understand. The behaviour I want is how it looks at the end of the video I attached, but to do that when I click on the shelve.

Kind regards,

Mario

Leave a Comment

Attach a file