justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Managing the insertion of new rows in a data grid

Known Mauro Biscotti 12 months ago

Hello, when inserting additional rows in a data grid, with the "cells per page" parameter set to zero, the simulator rightly adds the row at the bottom, incresing the height of the data grid.

This does not seem to generate an automatic change in the height of the screen, so that, if rows addition conintinues, the data grid ill exceed the screen height/lower margin, eventually overalpping the page footer. What is the best design strategy to cope with the increasing height of the data grid? By the way there seems to be no action that can affect the screen size, isn't it? Thank you in advance.

Replies (5)
photo

Hello, the best way would be to include the data grid in a dynamic panel with automatic scrolling, this would make it so that as your list grows in data, it will extend within the panel.

I am attaching an example, let me know if it is useful.

Regards.

photo

Good, this is a possibilty. But if I want to avoid using scrolling within the panel, and prefer to keep everything on the page (letting the user to scroll the page), how should I proceed? Best regards.

photo

Hello, another possibility would be to pin the footer, I am attaching an example, you could also put a margin at the bottom of the data list.

Regards.

photo

Got it, I wasn't pinning the footer correctly. Thank you

photo

You're welcome! let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file