justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Exporting a backup

In Progress Ed Troxell 3 years ago

Hi, I am trying to run the simulator and I get the message I need to download the chrome extension however when I click on the download option you provide I get a 404 error. I can not find another option and therefore I am not able to test my prototype. Before doing an updated I wanted to Download an image/pdf of each screen to be safe as a backup but can’t seem to do that either.

Replies (1)
photo

What version of Justinmind are you using? You can go to the main menu bar > Justinmind > 'About' to check.

Chrome changed some security settings in February that prevented the extension from working. We fixed this in an update that allows you to view the exported HTML files without using the extension, so you can go ahead and remove that extension from your browser if you had it installed. Any prototypes you exported before that update will need to be exported again in order to be viewed or tested correctly.

photo

Version (Ver. 7.3.0)

photo

Thanks for that information. We have a few more questions - are you running Justinmind on Windows or Mac? When you go to simulate the prototype, what browser does it open? One last thing - would you be able to attach that prototype (.vp) file here so we can see if there are any errors with the file? You'll need to compress it to .zip/.rar to attach it here.

photo

Mac and it opens chrome which is why I am here because I can't get it to open. I am not able to attach this specific file because this project is highly sensitive.

photo

Understood. Are you using the free version of Justinmind or do you have a subscription? It should say in the 'About' section.

photo

free version so far

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file