justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

How to make a table slide to the right on mobile view

Answered Travelgroove Lisa 4 years ago

I'm creating a mobile app. I have table of 5 columns and many rows displaying lots of data. I now want to add a 6th column but obviously it sits outside the mobile view boundary. Reducing the width of the other columns will make the data too small and unreadable. Is it possible to allow the table to slide to the left so the mobile user can view all the columns?

Replies (1)
photo

Try right-clicking on the table and select 'group in dynamic panel'. Then, select the panel and make sure it only covers the 5 columns (so the 6th is hidden). Then, with the panel still selected, go to the Properties palette and change 'horizontal overflow' to 'always'.

photo

Thanks Danielle, but I was unable to replicate what is in your description.

I selected the table and then right clicked but do not get any option about 'group in dynamic panel'. The only options I get are: Copy, Cut, Paste, Lock, Delete, Duplicate, Order, New Column, New Row.

I also looked at the Properties palette and Horizontal Overflow is not mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps I set up the table incorrectly? Any other suggestions?

photo

It looks like you're using a free account, which doesn't have dynamic panels. Alternatively, you could try unlocking horizontal scroll by selecting the base screen (icon that looks like a monitor/phone) in the Outline palette and then looking to the Properties palette. You'll then see an option to 'unlock' horizontal scroll.

photo

Thanks Danielle, that worked.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file