justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Open link in new tab

In Progress Rayn Vonderhoya 5 years ago

I have a link in my prototype that I want to open in a new tab. I have set the event to open in a new tab on click, and it works as expected at first, the page opens in a new tab in Chrome. But as soon as you click any of the links in the page in the new tab, it closes the new tab and loads the link back in the first tab, so now I've lost my separate tabs. This is extremely confusing for user testing. Is there any way to fix this? Is it supposed to do that, or is it a bug?

Replies (3)
photo

That behavior seems to happen just in the embedded simulator. If you select File - Export to HTML it will open in your Chrome and it will work as you expect.

photo

Is there a fix or alternative if we don’t want to export to html? I would like to just be able to have it work in Usernote. Thanks

photo

Yeah, this doesn't really work for me because I haven't been able to get the offline prototype to work on a PC, and we are conducting our user testing on a PC. I don't understand why "open in a new tab" is even an option if it's just going to close as soon as you click the next link. It's so confusing.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file