justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Update a Variable on Page Load before Master Loads

Answered Withers Davis 8 years ago

Is there any way to update the value of a variable on page load before a master loads/renders?

So if I have some text on a screen, can I use the text value to update a variable before the master loads. Please note that my question is specifically about masters and NOT data masters.

I am basically trying to create a dynamically generated breadcrumb that looks something like:

Home / SCREEN 1 / SCREEN 2

What I would like to do is have a variable called screen_id that contains the active screen id, which is a number that relates to a data master called screens.

In the screens data master there is a recursive field called parent_id, which I can use to figure out the screen hierarchy in the breadcrumb.

My plan is to add a hidden element (screen_id) to each screen so that when the screen loads the breadcrumb loads automatically.

A workaround would be to add a set value event to every single link in my application to set the value from the source page before linking. This will be really annoying since I have many links throughout my app.

Replies (1)
photo

Hi Withers,

We've created an example for you. I hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjakbjcknja...

Best,

Sonia Durán

Leave a Comment

Attach a file