justinmind-logo

Upvote 2

Font size in Just in Mind vs. Photoshop - is not the same

Answered Victor Conesa 11 years ago

Hello,

I choose the font size/text size of 9 pt in Just in Mind - in contrast to Photoshop - there is the same text - font size 12 pt! What ist the right dimension in Just in Mind? In the help of Just in Mind I found the dimension for text size is pt. Has someone an idea? Thanks!

Replies (12)
photo

Justinmind use points as in HTML or CSS. So the points defined in Justinmind are the same as the points in HTML. The problem is not Justinmind but Photoshop in this case. Points in Photoshop are different than points in HTML.

photo

OK thank you - but what is the conversion factor?

photo

I don't really know that much about Photoshop. This is what I found googleing it http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.co...

photo

Is it possible to choose px instead of pt in Just in Mind? Thanks. :-)

photo

I'm afraid the technology we use doesn't allow that. But we will force it to do it in px eventually.

photo

Thanks!

.. and have a look here:

http://www.sherriwyche.com/tools/font...

photo

Thanks for the link!

photo

May I ask how to change font size to px instead of pt??

Thanks

photo

I would also like the ability to change to px instead of pt!

photo

Hi all,

There is no way to change to px from pt right now.

Best,

Danielle

photo

@Danielle, any update on this? I'm assuming this is why the sizes in the Css panel are so different from everything else in the app? Being able to use px across the board would be exceptionally helpful

photo

Unfortunately no - font sizes can only be in pt.

photo

Thanks for the update, I guess I'll stick to using it as a prototyping tool, I was hoping to be able to design with it as well, but working with a pre existing design system, not being able to set px would be too much of a pain!

photo

Mostly because there was confusion in my team. I didn't realize Justinmind was using Points, but then rendered in Pixels - my developer got really upset that what I had and what he had wasn't matching. :( So just having simple renders would do wonders, in my scenario.

photo

Agreed. Also, your developer can use the version for Developers that shows all the texts in pixels.

photo
photo

All this time and still not an option to set px as font size? I was very confused when I imported my designs from sketch. This tool looks really great and advanced, but as someone said, lacks some basic things and this is one of them. Another is setting events on groups, and I have to use a ton of hot spots because of that.

I'm currently researching prototyping tools and it looks like using this would be pain. Looks very promising at first, but then fails at basic tasks... sad

photo

We're working on finding a way to integrate px as a font size, but no it's not possible right now. As a workaround, you can show the CSS palette in the editor, which will show the font size in px. You can also change the pt size in decimals to be more precise. Thank you for your feedback.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file