justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Are Text Tables dynamic or static during simulation?

Answered Josh2876 8 years ago

Hi. Is the "Text Table" for inputing text or is it just for displaying static text. ie when Im in when simulating can I edit these fields or just view the text in them?

Replies (3)
photo

Hi there,

The text is static and is just for viewing, and cannot be edited during simulation.

Best,

Danielle

photo

Ok. If I want to show a list of links on screen that can be clicked on to open a web page (i am creating a web Browser), what object would I use to list the various clickable links. A table? Individual text fields? List Items? Buttons?

Is there a document anywhere which lists all the available objects, how they can be used whilst prototyping and how they interact when in simulation?

many thanks

photo

Hi there,

You can use nearly any element to display a link, including a text table. Individual text fields would probably be best for this situation.

Most elements (or widgets/objects) behave the same during simulation, except for dynamic content such as dynamic panels and data lists. Note that elements don't have any specific automatic behavior until you add an event to them.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Danielle

Leave a Comment

Attach a file