justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

JustInMind Datamaster Help

Answered Cameron Muckley 6 years ago

I have a DataMaster of Users which contains their Photo, First Name, Last Name and then information about their profile. In my Data list where you are able to view the Users it will show their Photo and First Name and I have been able to set a Variable of currentName ect to being the data in the CurrentRow but I wish to be able to either do one of two things

1. Set a variable to the Row and be able to access the information such as currentUser.FirstName

2. Be able to filter out one of the entries in the Data Master to set variables such as currentFirst, currentPhoto (Which I can do currently as they are in the DataList) but also be able to set a variable to parts of the User that isn't shown in my Datalist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Best Answer
photo

The way I would do what you I believe you are trying to achieve is by adding an "id" field to the data master and giving each record a unique id value. Then, in the data list (I typically use data grids), include the "id" field, but keep it hidden. This enables you to access each record by it's id and grab whichever fields for a specific record you want.

I don't know how you are selecting/determining the "current" record, but I get the field values of a particular record by including a hotspot in each record and attaching events to that hotspot. My first event sets a variable named "currently_selected_record_id" to the id of the record associated with the hotspot. Additional events then use that variable to "FILTER" the data master for the record and to "SELECT" each of the specific individual field values I want.

I have attached a prototype to provide you with a sample implementation. Even though the extension of the prototype is ".rar", the file is not compressed. Simply change the extension of the prototype from ".rar" to ".vp". Since the image fields of the records are file uploads, you will need to provide some image file paths in the data master if you wish to simulate the prototype with sample user images.

Below are some screenshots from the prototype UI as well as sample expressions used to achieve what I have outlined above.

I hope this helps you accomplish what you are hoping to. Cheers!

Image 1: Result after clicking on hotspot overlaying photo of first user in data list

b15b7335e018245ed6caaab6c0533dcc

Image 2: Result after clicking on hotspot overlaying photo of second user in data list

0518fd74c3d227d8f4266e8166ae8fb6

Image 3: Action attached to record hotspot to set value of "currently_selected_record_id" variable

901a0011c4ad0e5db190a3e7494d2747

Image 4: Action attached to record hotspot (after value of "currently_selected_record_id" variable is set) to get value of the "last_name" field of that record

5039e1e442bcc864276a9a2a902e1f6b

Replies (1)
photo

The way I would do what you I believe you are trying to achieve is by adding an "id" field to the data master and giving each record a unique id value. Then, in the data list (I typically use data grids), include the "id" field, but keep it hidden. This enables you to access each record by it's id and grab whichever fields for a specific record you want.

I don't know how you are selecting/determining the "current" record, but I get the field values of a particular record by including a hotspot in each record and attaching events to that hotspot. My first event sets a variable named "currently_selected_record_id" to the id of the record associated with the hotspot. Additional events then use that variable to "FILTER" the data master for the record and to "SELECT" each of the specific individual field values I want.

I have attached a prototype to provide you with a sample implementation. Even though the extension of the prototype is ".rar", the file is not compressed. Simply change the extension of the prototype from ".rar" to ".vp". Since the image fields of the records are file uploads, you will need to provide some image file paths in the data master if you wish to simulate the prototype with sample user images.

Below are some screenshots from the prototype UI as well as sample expressions used to achieve what I have outlined above.

I hope this helps you accomplish what you are hoping to. Cheers!

Image 1: Result after clicking on hotspot overlaying photo of first user in data list

b15b7335e018245ed6caaab6c0533dcc

Image 2: Result after clicking on hotspot overlaying photo of second user in data list

0518fd74c3d227d8f4266e8166ae8fb6

Image 3: Action attached to record hotspot to set value of "currently_selected_record_id" variable

901a0011c4ad0e5db190a3e7494d2747

Image 4: Action attached to record hotspot (after value of "currently_selected_record_id" variable is set) to get value of the "last_name" field of that record

5039e1e442bcc864276a9a2a902e1f6b

photo

Thank you so much for the indepth reply! I had done some searching around and had tried something similar, where I would filter it out through the First name, as I was dealing with "non real" data that I had made up and all were unique, but I will definitely add ID's hidden. I feel it was in the way I was filtering out the records that were letting me down. I will try this out and I cannot thank you enough for your time.

photo

Dear @eggroll.

Thank you so much for your contribution!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file