justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Data grid : How to remove a grid cell without reloading the data grid ?

Answered Jocelyn Tricoire 6 years ago

I want to animate the removal of a data grid item without reloading the data grid (cause I have intermediate state items I don't want to loose)

If I add a group under the grid cell item and apply a "hide" event, the content hides itself ... but the empty row remains ... leaving an empty space in the middle of my data grid.

If I apply a "resize" to 0 event to the the grid cell, the transformation applies to all the items (no "hide" event available on the grid cell)

Replies (3)
photo

When you say "without reloading the data grid", do you mean without updating the data grid by setting it equal to the updated version of the data master (with the data grid item record removed), or do you mean without reloading the screen which would update the data grid to the updated version of the data master? Can you give an example of an intermediate state item that you don't want to lose?

photo

Without updating the data grid by setting it equal to the updated version of the datamaster.

The list contains items that can be removed after a confirmation : the action of deletion moves left the item (hide + slide left) and display a panel that contains an OK/Cancel button. You can have several items in this state at once; and I want to confirm the deletion whereas the other items to be confirmed remain in the list.

photo

Dear Jocelyn,

Do you have an example .vp file of what you're describing so we can take a look? You can attach it in a .rar format, or upload it to a file sharing service such as Dropbox, and attach the link to it here.

Best,

Sonia Durán

Leave a Comment

Attach a file