justinmind-logo

Upvote 2

How to add a new element to a list item?

Answered Victor Conesa 8 years ago

How to add a new element (image, text, UI control) to a list item. I add a list from "Dialog lists" and then edit the list items to fit my design.

Best Answer
photo

To add a new value to a list or dropdown widget, select the widget and then go to the Properties palette. You can then click on 'Edit Values' and add values in the dialog.

1f69207f19e7e50a9b430c5440decfdb

Replies (6)
photo

Hi Jaroslaw,

Could you please elaborate more on what you mean? Some screenshots would help.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Sonia. Thanks for you reply. Here is my prototype screen shot. I want to prototype an Android ListView, with my textviews on its items.

I have used a DialogList for my ListView (marked red "1" on the image). Then I want to add custome textviews on the list items (described with red "2" on the image). Is it clear now? How to add texts to my list?

Or maybe there is another way of ListView creation please?

Thanks.

b396804f686c9a7dee3ad8133057a6d8

photo

Hi Jaroslaw,

You will be able to add text or any other element by dragging text fields widgets manually.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Unfortunately, if I drag a text to the list, it is placed BETWEEN list items.

I want it on top of an item.

May I remind you that I am using one of "Dialog lists" to create my list.

photo

Hi Jaroslaw,

The "dialog lists" widgets have been configured as a group with a vertical layout.

A group doesn't work as a dynamic panel which you can move everything freely.

In this case, you will need to select the label at the outline tab and then drag the text field inside each rectangle. Once it has been placed inside the rectangle, you will be able to move the text label.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

To add a new value to a list or dropdown widget, select the widget and then go to the Properties palette. You can then click on 'Edit Values' and add values in the dialog.

1f69207f19e7e50a9b430c5440decfdb

Leave a Comment

Attach a file