justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Performance Issues since updating to 7.1.0 on Windows 10

Answered Victor Conesa 8 years ago

Hi, I just updated to 7.1.0 from 7.0 and for me there is a huge drop in perfomance.

The prototyper was a delight to be working with, but now the performance is seriously messing with my workflow. I have to wait 1-2 seconds for a click on an element to come through, and that's for a lightweight operation I would think.

I'm on a laptop with 2 GPU's, so I've tried switching to the high power one, didn't help.

Shut down all of the apps running in the background(even though before the update I could be Photoshopping and browsing and it still would be very responsive), did not help.

I hope there is a fix for this, because right now it's very sluggish to work with.

My system is:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i5-4200U @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHZ

12 GB RAM

Replies (4)
photo

Hi Paul,

For further investigation we will need your vp file to test it, as probably your problem is directly related with the prototype.

You can share the file via a dropbox link here or just in case you are a client, you can use our Customer Support Portal.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

I realize that my way of working maybe isn't the way the prototyper is meant to be used, as I'm quite new to the software. However, it seemed to be working fine before.

Here is the dropbox link as requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl8735j6c9g...

Thanks in advance.

photo

I have increased the memory in the justinmind.ini file as was suggested in another post and that had the desired effect.

For other users experiencing the same problem, I changed:

-Xmx512m to -Xmx1024m

However I could only increase it to 1 gb of RAM(1024 mb), when I tried to increase it to 2 gb(2048mb) the prototyper would not start, is this a known issue?

So I figured out a solution, however I'm worried that when my project grows in size the problem will come back and increasing the available ram won't work. Is there a way to counter this problem? Are the other settings in the ini worth tinkering with?

photo

Hi Paul,

Yes, It's a known issue that when trying to increase to 2048 Justinmind won't work.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,

Sonia Durán

Leave a Comment

Attach a file