justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Issues around cloud-based hosting/presenting

Answered lrsachs 7 years ago

I am wondering if anyone has had issues with clients who are uncomfortable with cloud-based hosting of prototypes. We are slowly getting them into the 21st century (don't ask!). I could pour over the Ts&Cs but what reassurances can we offer clients who worry their prototypes could be hacked and then published on Huffington Post or some nonsense?

Also, is there any way to create files to host locally or are the simulated versions just in-app at runtime?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Replies (4)
photo

Hi there,

Our servers are completely secure, so your clients need not worry. However, you could always just send them the .vp file over email or through a file sharing service such as Dropbox instead of hosting it our on servers.

The other option is hosting prototypes on your own server, which is available in our Enterprise package, which you can learn more about here: http://www.justinmind.com/enterprise

Best,

Danielle

photo

File > Export to HTML will allow you run your prototype locally and by default will launch your browser with the proper local URL to fully test.

photo

Thanks Stphn & Danielle -- I realized after spending some more time with the product that there are readymade files which could be presented locally either in a browser or posted on our server ... or there's the Enterprise license route as well. There are definitely plenty of options...thanks!

Lee

photo

Is it possible to disable the cloud based Hosting features so the only option is to work locally? if so, how?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file