justinmind-logo

Upvote 1

Loading Screen with Progress Bar and Automatic Redirection

Answered Victor Conesa 12 years ago

Hello, I am trying to realize a loading screen with a progress bar and an automatic redirection to the next screen after loading. The progress bar is situated in a dynamic panel with three different tabs. Each tab contains an image of the progress bar. After the last tab/image has been loaded, I added a pause of 1000 milliseconds with the 'on page load' function and tried to attach the 'Link to' function afterthat, but it's hidden.

I looked in the iHouses example, unfortunately the progress bar there is realized with an enter button at the end. Is there a possibility to avoid this user interaction?

Best Answer
photo

Check out the attached prototype. It simulates a loading bar using a premade iOS widget.

Replies (10)
photo

We removed the link to action in the onpageload event to avoid infinite cycles (I know, it's silly). We will add it for the next release in June 26th. Meanwhile you can add the link to action to an onmouseover event asociated to the screen. Sorry for that.

photo

First, thanks a lot for your prompt support. But can you explain a little bit more precise, what you mean with: "Meanwhile you can add the link to action to an onmouseover event asociated to the screen." Did this means that I have to move the mouse a litte bit to move to the next screen? If so, it's better to wait for June 26th :-)

photo

Yes... you need to move the mouse to trigger the event...

photo

The 'link to previous screen' action will be available in next June 27th update.

photo

will linking to other pages on a OnPage event be possible, or only previous screen. The lack of redirection kills any attempt at simulating logged in pages with redirection to a login page.

photo

You will be able to link to any screen in the OnPageLoad event, not only the previous one.

photo

sweet. Now if only June 27th would hurry up.. or maybe a early release :-)

photo

“All good things come to he who waits” ;)

photo

It's included in the current version.

photo

Check out the attached prototype. It simulates a loading bar using a premade iOS widget.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file