justinmind-logo

Upvote 2

Show and Hide an object on click

Answered Victor Conesa 11 years ago

I'm trying to do something real simple and basic, but I can't figure out how to do it. I cannot find an easy-to-understand explanation of how to do it in the Justinmind user guide or online tutorials!

Situation:

I have a rich text shape. And I have a hidden grouped object.

On click of that text shape, I would like a hidden grouped object to appear (show). When user clicks the block of text again, I would like the grouped object to disappear again (hide).

In other words: I'm simulating the kind of behavior you'd see with a dropdown pane I want to show/hide an object on click.

Using the interactions popup, I am able to accomplish part 1: I can make the hidden object appear when I click on the trigger. But I cannot figure out how to do part 2: make the hidden object disappear when I click on the trigger again.

I am using version 5.1.0.

Can you please give me an easy-to-understand explanation of how to create a show/hide interaction, with screenshots?

p.s. I tried messing around with the Expression Builder to see if I can create a condition that says to change the object back to hidden (on click) if its current status is visible, but I can't figure out how to build an expression like that.

Best Answer
photo

Create an "On Toggle" + "Show" event.

Replies (2)
photo

Try using the 'on toggle' event instead of the 'on click'

photo

Create an "On Toggle" + "Show" event.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file