Ugly URL when publishing website to FTP

simas castillo shared this problem 5 years ago
Not a Problem

I want to publish the website that I created in JIM and its giving me an ugly extension on the URL that looks like this:


http://outfyts.com/#/screens/d12245cc...


Everything after the .com I would like the get rid of. Where did I go wrong?


Do I need to go back into JIM to fix this or can it be done by editing the HTML in notepad or dreamweaver?


I exported my site as an html and uploaded directly via filezilla.


Thanks

Comments (13)

photo
1

The URLs were thought just to view the prototype, not to publish it as a real web site. The way the prototypes work makes it necessary to have that kind of URLs. Maybe if you know about HTML and javascript you can find a way to change the URL adding your own code.

photo
1

I'm happy to say I was able to make a real website (specifically a landing page) :)

photo
1

WOOOOWWW!!!! How did you do it??? Did you change the javascript by hand?

photo
1

hmm, I take that back, It interrupts the functionality. I wish there was a way to do it though!

photo
1

I think you should be able to if you look for the id that is shown in the URL in the javascript and you rename it. Then, maybe just renaming also the html for that screen it'll work.

photo
1

ill give that a try. While Im here, I have a like button on my site and when the website is displayed in my FB activity its the JIM logo and on mouse hover it says "generated by..."


Ive replaced the generated by in the HTML but it still shows up? Same thing with the JIM logo.


Sorry, I didnt want to start another thread since I think I have 3 open :P


Thanks for your help

photo
1

Just look for the text "generated by" in the exported folder. To replace the icon look for the file favicon.ico inside the generated folder and replace it by one of yours.

photo
1

When I search for generated by the only thing that comes up is the function-external-jquery.js file and as far as I can tell does not contain the text I'm looking for. The favicon has also been replaced but still somehow both persist??


I thought it would be simple but I cant figure out why it doesnt work...


The image below is what I'm seeing on FB even though I've made the changes.


8729f9915d4890ed058dc915941825fc

photo
1

Nvm, consider this one closed. It was an issue with FB open graph

photo
1

What was the issue?

photo
1

Initially I did what you recommended and replaced the generated by with something of my own and replaced the favicon along with the sidebar logo.


When a user hit the like button JIM would still show up in the activity. By pasting facebooks open graph code into the head


(meta property="og:title" content="Outfyts"


meta property="og:type" content="company"


meta property="og:site_name" content="Outfyts"


meta property="og:url" content="http://outfyts.com/#/screens/d12245cc..."


meta property="og:image" content="")


I was able to tell fb what content to display as well as image. They have a neat little debug that will give you a preview of what you can expect it to display here:


https://developers.facebook.com/tools...

photo
1

thanks for signing up :)

photo
1

I'm sorry but I just signed up to check if it worked for real ;P But I love the idea of Outfyts. I wish you luck!