justinmind-logo

Upvote 18

validation on forms

Answered Victor Conesa 8 years ago

i review this video.

https://www.justinmind.com/support/designing-a-login-form-using-data-masters/

but

if there are so many user and they want to login on same login form then what is the possibility.. in this video they used fixed username=admin and password=1234 .. what if the other users have different username and password then how we do it?

Best Answer
photo

Check out this tutorial to see how to do this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Replies (34)
photo

Take a look at the screen called 'Health plans' in this prototype http://www.justinmind.com/extras/down.... Select the events in the button labelled 'continue'. You'll see a lot of form validations there and some match the ones you ask for.

photo

I found the correct screen, but I do not see a Continue button. Nor is it mentioned in the Screen report. Is it possible that the prototype has been changed? I just downloaded it.

photo

Sorry, the prototype was wrong. Can you download it again please? Remember to clean your internet browser's cache.

photo

That is very helpful. Thanks!

By the way, this is exactly the kind of event that would be useful in the Event Library that I mentioned in another thread.

photo

You're welcome! By the way, we are taking very seriously your suggestion about the Event Library. We are thinking about publish one post per week at least with one of the event examples that we've shared with other users.

photo

I had the same question, and I've downloaded the Health Assurance prototype referenced and looked at the Health Plans screen. I'm looking at the "Check First Name" interaction, as this is the kind of field validation I need to do (just check to make sure the user has entered something in the field.) I see that the condition is set to "when [First Name Input = ], then show error message, etc.

How do I get a blank entry into the second box of the condition statement? By default, it reads "Double click to edit or drag & drop a component." I've tried typing in double quotes, null, and space...all with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Lauren

photo

You have to go to 'constants' in the Expression builder and drag the text one 'Aaa'. By default is an empty text.

photo

Hi Kanthy,

if you want to validate a regular expression just do the following:

1. drag to the canvas an input text, a button and a label.

2. select the button and create and "on click" event. Then, add a condition and build the following expression.

8d1c8c70ab3f35828ec84a5a01a55d6a

You need to drag the text function "regex", then drag the input text and go to the constants tap and drag the regular expression "is Email".

3. choose "set value", select the label and write in the calculator "valid" and the press OK.

4. To create the negative expression, click on the "else" button and repeat the previous steps, but in the second step you need to drag the "N" (not) expression before the "regex"

Repeat the same process for the number validation. If you want to validate a date format, you can find the regular expression by searching in Internet and you will only need to copy and paste it.

Best regards

photo

Does this prototype still exists? The link takes you to a dead page and I am also having problems with this

photo

Hi Stacy,

Here is the link to that prototype: http://d2ld3he4yll0xl.cloudfront.net/...

Best,

Marc

photo

Thanks - looks like the validation doesn't work on this either, though I can see how using 'error1plan' enables you to catch whether mandatory fields have been complete which is nice.

However, I am able to fill all the fields in except the date of birth and continue ... Although the field does flash red briefly while moving to the next screen?

This only seems to be a problem with date fields?

photo

Help :-(

Please

I have followed this example for my own form.

I have a button at the end of the screen "Next"

I have a variable called "Next_Validation", default value = "false"

Against the button I have set up events such that on click it runs through each of the mandatory fields and checks to see if they have been completed:

... If blank then set Next_Validation = false, and show message next to field which says "please complete"

... If complete set Next_Validation = true, and show tick next to field

It just doesn't work.

My first field is a date field and this doesn't seem to have an effect on the value of the variable at a all

My second field is a text field and if I complete it, click the continue button, then clear it and hit it again it continues - despite the field being blank?

Has anyone successfully managed to use this method???

I would glady share my document if it helps

photo

Hello David,

To accomplish this, you may start by adding an condition that validates the range using comparators (less than, greater than, etc.). Using the expression builder, the following steps will allow this:

1. Drag the text input to the expression followed by the proper comparator function and subsequent minimum value.

2. Place an 'and' function after the expression yielded and repeat step one to check the maximum value provided in the second field.

To have the number remain, you may find the 'set value' action of use.

Sincerely,

Luisa

photo

Do you have to add an event to the textbox (if so which one), before adding a condition?

photo

Nevermind, had to do a show/hide of a message in order to do the comparator.

photo
photo

Hi Sergio,

Take a look at these tutorials!

http://www.justinmind.com/support/sim...

http://www.justinmind.com/support/con...

Regards,

Lidia

photo

thanks Lidia

best regards

photo

Hi Michael,

Try with Reg Exp :

7ed9a5e1ee5b8ce20949e949aea19346

photo

Hi there,

You will just need to create more conditions that will support other combinations of usernames and passwords.

Best,

Danielle

photo

I'd like to do this too but mine is a password check that must have uppercase AND lowercase AND numbers AND symbols. I'm struggling a bit as well. Any help would be appreciative.

photo

Hi there,

For the symbols, perhaps you could create a condition HAS '$' or '&' or '*'.... all possible symbols? See if that helps.

Best,

Danielle

photo

Hi, is it also possible to only validate if there is atleast one number entered in the textfield? I would need this for a password creation section. THe password needs to meet four requirments: between 8 - 32 characters, lower and uppercase characters, contain atleast 1 number and containt at least 1 special character. If one of the requirements is met the appropriate tickbox is ticked. I figured the first two out. But identifying if the password contains a number and special character seems to be bit more difficult. Do you have any tips how to fix this?

photo

Hi Jori,

This tutorial should help.

http://www.justinmind.com/support/int...

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hello, the link above gives me an "oops." Is there another link to this answer? Thanks.

photo
photo

Dear Lindsay,

Do you have an example .vp file of what you're describing so we can take a look? You can attach it in a .rar format, or upload it to a file sharing service such as Dropbox, and attach the link to it here.

Best,

photo

Hello!

The link no longer exists... is there somewhere else I can check it out?

Thanks!

photo
photo

Check out the attached prototype to see how to validate if a field contains a number, an email address, or a date.

photo

Check out the attached prototype to see how to create this.

photo

Check out the condition for the event in the attached prototype.

photo

Check out this tutorial to learn how to get started.

For the character count, you'll need to use the 'count' function.

For the special character, uppercase, and lowercase you'll need to use a custom regular expression. It should be this:

(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\W)
Then, combine all of that into a condition that will look like this:

649baacc073315ea23de41dcd23b43ae

photo

Hi Jack and Sonia.

Where exactly is the answer to Jack's problem? Would you be so kind and share a link, please?

photo

Build this expression:

1de91f7493767045cb273c78ec25001f

photo

Thanks Danielle.

photo
photo

Create a condition that is When... Input = Input

01168fbb0fe70930bc49015dfed140e4

photo

Check out this tutorial to see how to do this. Let me know if you have any questions.

photo

What about restraining the number of input characters.Is it feasible??

photo

Yes, just create a Condition like this:

b606f7f96d26ea1f5fe18c59a7c092af

Which will show some error message.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file