justinmind-logo

Upvote 5

Copy/Pasting from Illustrator

Solved Victor Conesa 8 years ago

When I copy my (1024) layout from Illustrator and paste it into JIM it comes in as 1366. I can't figure out how to make any resolution adjustments to fix this. Any ideas?

Replies (11)
photo

Hi Tijmen,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Best,

Danielle

photo

Hi Jason,

Your request has been answered through our Customer Support Portal.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Mariko Kyo,

Which Justinmind / Illustrator versions are you using? We've done the test with the most recent versions of Justinmind (7.6.0) and Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 (21.0.0) and it's working without any issues.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Sonia Duran.

Thank you for the reply.

I use Illustrator CS6.

Would you be able to lend your expertise?

photo

My earlier message: Additional comment

Justinmind versions is 7.6.0.

Sincerely,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Mariko,

We will need to do some tests to find out what is the source of your issue. If possible, can you send me the SVG file you are trying to copy paste ? If is not a SVG file please send me the .AI file (compressed the files into .rar to attach them here)

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for your support!

I have attached the file.

But this problem is not only this file,but also other files.

Best regards.

photo

Hi Mariko,

After some investigation we have detected that the source of your issue is that the dropshadows that you have applied to the object is not compatible to the copy / paste action. Please find attached the file without any dropshadow applied.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi,Sonia.

Thank you for your support.

I tried it,but I can't...

I have attached other file again.

Sorry for bothering you,but could you look it up?

This file's left is drag and drop,and right is copy and paste.

I can't see the right.

Best,regards.

Files: 0207.zip
photo

Hi Mariko,

I've analised again your file. The reason is also that you've applied a round corner effect that is not compatible with the copy-paste action. You should use the Rounded Rectangle Tool instead.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Sonia,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried it,but I couldn't...

I have attached the file.

Sorry to keep bothering you.

Best,regards.

photo

Hi Mariko,

We've been checking again your file. This time we haven't been able to reproduce your issue as it works with our Illustrator version, so Unfortunately your issue seems to be related with version you're using. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,

Sonia Durán

photo

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately I will give up.

I'm glad I understood it.

Best,regards.

Mariko Kyo

photo
photo

Dear Lucas,

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce your issue with Illustrator 2017 and 2018. Which OS and version are you using?

Best,

photo

I have the same problem. I have updated 2018 InDesign and Illustrator. The copy and paste will not work between the two programs, nor is it working right in Illustrator itself, even within the same file. At this point I have to create a new layer to copy and paste within Illustrator. I have seen the red rectangle bitmap etc. but not every time.

I use Windows 7 and this only started with the update to 2018

photo

Dear Charles,

We're trying to reproduce your issue. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Best,

photo

Thanks Sonia!

photo

Dear Charles,

We've been trying to reproduce your issue (in a Windows7 device with the latest update of Illustrator ) without success. We have been able to copy / paste without any problems. Which Justinmind version are you using?

*With Indesign there is no possibility to copy/paste.

Best,

photo
photo

We've just published our Illustrator plugin. You can now export your designs from Illustrator and continue working in Justinmind. Check it out here.

photo

We've just published our Illustrator plugin. You can now export your designs from Illustrator and continue working in Justinmind. Check it out here.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file