How to reshare or replace an already published prototype
After publishing prototype on your online account, reviewers can take a look at it and give you insightful feedback. You can then make some changes to the prototype accordingly. What next? You need to tell those reviewers to take a look at the edited prototype again. That’s where the Reshare option comes in handy!
“Reshare” is an option that can be found in the main menu ‘Share’, in the Justinmind editor. It’s activated only if you have previously shared the prototype you’re working on.
If you’re building a prototype for the web, you can also reshare by using the button next to Simulate, in the editor’s top right-hand corner.
With a “Reshare”, you can replace the previous version with the one you’re currently working on, with the latest batch of new changes in place.
If the reviewers access the prototype again, they will see this new version instead of the old one. The link remains the same but the prototype has changed.
You can notify the reviewers about this new version by selecting ‘Yes’ in the dialog pop up.
If you choose that option, once the prototype has been replaced in your online account, an email will be sent to all the reviewers notifying them about the new version of the prototype. You can also configure the contents of that email using the ‘About this version’ text area.
If you do not wish to notify the reviewers, you can still use the ‘About this version’ field for your own records.
In the Share menu, you’ll also find the “Replace published version” option.
If you click it, you can select any prototype you’ve uploaded on the online account to be replaced by the one you’re currently working on.
- Your online services: account settings
- Add users to your online account and create groups
- Online Services: Projects page
- Online Services: Prototypes page
- Publish a prototype on your online account
- Get a public link for your shared prototypes
- Password protect a shared prototype
- Invite reviewers to a shared prototype
- Review a prototype
- Integrate your prototypes with usability testing tools
- Dynamic Content widgets for wireframing ( August 9, 2016 )
- Navigation UI widgets for wireframing ( August 5, 2016 )
- UI Container Elements for wireframing ( July 29, 2016 )
- How to embed Google Maps in your web and mobile wireframes ( July 11, 2016 )
- Wireframe template styles and fonts ( July 7, 2016 )
- Account Management – FAQs ( May 31, 2016 )
- Design tools for your prototypes: rulers, guides and grids ( April 29, 2016 )
- Introduction to Justinmind Prototyping tool ( April 6, 2016 )
- Input UI elements for your prototypes ( March 30, 2016 )
- How to create a document template with Microsoft Word: Examples ( March 24, 2016 )
- Advanced operations: creating a document template with Microsoft Word ( March 24, 2016 )
- How to create a document template with Microsoft Word ( March 24, 2016 )
- How to view a Sitemap of your wireframes ( March 22, 2016 )
- How to define requirements in your interactive prototypes ( February 26, 2016 )
- How to customize requirements fields in your interactive prototypes ( February 26, 2016 )
- How to simulate Scenarios in your interactive prototypes ( February 22, 2016 )
- How to create a user test with Validately ( February 1, 2016 )
- How to review a shared prototype ( November 26, 2015 )
- How to invite reviewers to a shared prototype ( November 25, 2015 )
- Online account: the prototypes page ( November 25, 2015 )